Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas Lemon style!

Living out here on the farm always makes life interesting and Christmas this year was no exception. Every year we take turns spending holidays with each family. This year we were to go to the Carringer's for Christmas Eve and the Lemon's for Christmas day. Well plans changed as they usually do around here. My sister Summer was blessed with a baby boy on Dec 23rd at around 8pm. And so started the changing of plans. Then Darrell along with his brother Chad were on their way home from Bliss getting hay in the trucks when one of them decided to stop working. And so poor Darrell was left to try and fix it while the three kids and I made our way to Grandma and Grandpa Carringer's for Christmas Eve not knowing the horendous storm we would later be faced head on with. It was a pretty uneventful evening with just my parents, Bo, myself, my three girls and Summer and TJ's two girls. We decided to take the presents to the hospital to see Summer and the new baby and so the girls could all open their presents from their cousins. Or trip to the hospital was shortened drastically when we found ourselves in a huge storm. So we quickly opened gifts and the kids and I headed home. It had to have been the worst drive home of my life. The snow was blowing so hard I think I wasn't driving faster than 35 mph. Not to mention I didn't dare pull over to "plug" Lilly for fear of getting stuck in a snow drift like some others I passed. And so for over an hour we got to listen to her scream at the top of her lungs, since Lindsay couldn't find the binky.

Exausted when we finally got home we all crawled into bed!

But the next morning the kids stumbled out of their beds to the sound of Grandpa Lemon insisting that Santa had not dropped off a gift for them and that they should call him! So he got "Santa" aka Chad on the phone and demanded that he tell where the girls presents were. "Santa" said for them to look in the shop. And so Darrell and Grandpa walked over to the shop as the girls hurried to get their pants and coats on. When in the distance you could hear the motor of their new FOUR WHEELER!!!

And so began another crazy day on the farm! They imediatly pulled our their new digital kid cameras that Grandma and Grandpa Carringer had given them the night before and started snapping away and anything and everything. Here are a few more photos of mostly Lindsay on there new four wheeler. Her first solo ride IN THE HOUSE! And them sporting their new helmets(mom's stipulation). HOpe you all had a Merry Christmas too!!!



2 comments:

sariah said...

What a day! I bet your girls were excited about the 4 wheeler! My kids are a little jealous. Have a great 2009!!

Anna Beal said...

What and eventfull drive!! I only love those storms when I am snuggled up safely in my home! So how far exactly is the drive to Kuna? We need to get together!